We are currently looking to recruit a Computer Engineer. The role of engineer is configure and maintain the networking system and web based applications at TARLA. Contribute the efforts for control systems as well. The duties will involve working closely with other members of other technical groups in TARLA .
- Develop and/or contribute development of web based applications at TARLA;
- Supports and maintains associated servers and applications used within established network environments;
- To accomplish their core functions of maintaining software and hardware, monitoring systems for glitches or disturbances, analyzing technical issues and developing solutions;
- Perform trouble shooting and maintenance activities on existing systems. Some on-call work should be expected during our 24/7 time duration;
- Installs, maintains, configures, and supports all equipment associated with WAN and LAN deployments;
- Coordinates and completes network support tasks and projects in an efficient and timely manner;
- Support of contractors and suppliers of networking Systems;
- Significant knowledge of network technology will be critical for success in this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge with coding languages such as Java, and working knowledge of Web Based applications;
- Working knowledge of Linux is essential; administrator-level knowledge of Windows, and MacOS X platforms is desirable. Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux/Windows based environments;
- Working knowledge of Database technologies (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL);
- Experience with virtualization, containerization, and orchestration tooling (e.g., KVM, XEN VMware, Docker, Teraform);
- Demonstrated understanding of current cyber-security topics and tools is required;
- Broadband network access at home;
- Strong knowledge on TCP/IP based network systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science, or related fields;
- 1-2 years of experience in the IT or cyber-security field a plus;
- Certification by established cyber security training organizations is highly desirable;
- Experience in the use and administration of Unix (Linux), MacOS X, and Windows systems in a scientific research or engineering environment is advantageous;
- Certification by established networking training organizations is highly desirable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related experience.
Candidates should apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a motivation letter, detailed CV and names, surnames and contact information of at least three references who will provide them recommendation letters. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.