We are currently looking to recruit a Computer Engineer. The role of engineer is configure and maintain the networking system and web based applications at TARLA. Contribute the efforts for control systems as well. The duties will involve working closely with other members of other technical groups in TARLA .
- Develop and/or contribute development of web based applications at TARLA;
- Supports and maintains associated servers and applications used within established network environments;
- To accomplish their core functions of maintaining software and hardware, monitoring systems for glitches or disturbances, analyzing technical issues and developing solutions;
- Perform trouble shooting and maintenance activities on existing systems. Some on-call work should be expected during our 24/7 time duration;
- Installs, maintains, configures, and supports all equipment associated with WAN and LAN deployments;
- Coordinates and completes network support tasks and projects in an efficient and timely manner;
- Support of contractors and suppliers of networking Systems;
- Significant knowledge of network technology will be critical for success in this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge with coding languages such as Java, and working knowledge of Web Based applications;
- Working knowledge of Linux is essential; administrator-level knowledge of Windows, and MacOS X platforms is desirable. Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux/Windows based environments;
- Working knowledge of Database technologies (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL);
- Experience with virtualization, containerization, and orchestration tooling (e.g., KVM, XEN VMware, Docker, Teraform);
- Demonstrated understanding of current cyber-security topics and tools is required;
- Broadband network access at home;
- Strong knowledge on TCP/IP based network systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science, or related fields;
- 1-2 years of experience in the IT or cyber-security field a plus;
- Certification by established cyber security training organizations is highly desirable;
- Experience in the use and administration of Unix (Linux), MacOS X, and Windows systems in a scientific research or engineering environment is advantageous;
- Certification by established networking training organizations is highly desirable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related experience.
Candidates should apply via e-mail to email@example.com with a motivation letter, detailed CV and names, surnames and contact information of at least three references who will provide them recommendation letters. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Research Scientists (REF: TA-RS-01)
Turkish Accelerator Radiation Laboratory in Ankara (TARLA) is the multi-purpose, multidisciplinary user facility for promoting scientific research and technical knowledge. At TARLA a superconducting electron linac is connected to two beam-lines which in turn service five experimental stations. Each station is specialized for a particular research purpose with a designated area intended for specific experiments in different fields of science. The primary electron beam energy ranges from 4 to 45 MeV with a current of up to 1.6 mA. The primary beam is used to generate photons from bremsstrahlung (gamma radiation) as well as being used to make a free electron laser (FEL).In addition, production of different secondary particle per user needs is also possible. The scientific goals of TARLA are mainly focused on material science, nuclear physics, photo-chemical processes, photo activation, biotechnology, non-linear optics, semiconductors and medicine. As TARLA is the only faculty of its type in Turkey as well as the region one of the main aims of the facility is to establish and promote international collaborations in science & technology.
As part of the construction of the nuclear/radiation physics station we are looking for two young scientist. Key responsibilities will include detector testing and characterization, simulations of the detector setup and its maintenance as well as data analysis related to the detectors. In addition, the applicants will be expected to actively participate in all laboratory activities and lend their expertise in all areas related to nuclear and radiation physics.
Applicants for this position are expected to have:
- A PhD in Physics with a thesis work on nuclear/radiation physics
- Good speaking knowledge of English language
- The applicant is expected to have at least one publication in international journals and to having presented his/hers work at an international conferences
- Knowledge of nuclear experimental techniques such as spectroscopy, nuclear decay measurements, etc.
- The ability to analyze experimental data in any framework (examples: ROOT or MATHLAB)
- Effective problem-solving, interpersonal and good oral and written communication skills.
Your complete application with all the documents should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Copy of PhD diploma
- Arrange for at least 2 references to submit recommendation letters directly to the email above
- Statement of research interests
Please indicate the ref. number of the position on the subject line of your e-mail.
The short listed individuals will be invited to an interview which will be conducted in English language in online form.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given serious consideration. In the case of equal qualifications, preference will be given to a Turkish Citizens.
TARLA is located at Ankara University Institute of Accelerator Technologies Gölbaşı Campus, Ankara,